The dog is a very intelligent animal and if you want to teach is something then I can bet it can learn it faster then any other animal of its kind.
There are a lot of people who want to teach their dogs to catch frisbees but they often fail because they don’t know how to teach the dog to catch frisbee that is why here in this blog post I will give you an easy to follow and step by step guide which you can follow and at the end your dog will be able to catch the frisbee easily.
Teach a Dog to Catch a Frisbee
I would like to say something to you about teaching a dog. If you are going to use a dog frisbee for the very first time then you should consider picking a suitable dog frisbee while if you have a frisbee already but you don’t know is that suitable or not then read below requirements.
Which type of Frisbee Should You Use?
The Number one questions which anyone will ask is which type of dog frisbee should I use before I teach my dog to catch a frisbee. Well, it is very simple. Your frisbee must be soft, have a normal weight of 100 to 150 grams and must not be harmful to your dog. Once you have such a frisbee you can proceed.
Step to Teach a Dog to Catch Frisbee
For the ease of my visitors, I have described the process of teaching your dog in easy to follow steps. Simple read steps and you will be successful in teaching your dog.
- Produce interest in your dog by showing other dogs who can catch a frisbee.
- Through your frisbee in front of your dog and make him/her catch it.
- If your dog catches the dog flyer then reward your dog by giving him something yummy to eat, in this way he/she will know that if he will follow your instructions he will get good food.
- Keep patience and give your dog proper time.
- In the starting times, don’t through the frisbee too away, start with a small arc then gradually increase the length of the arc.
- Always make sure your dog can run on the place where you are teaching him, for example, there must not be water or mud or anything which annoys your dog.
- Follow this schedule regularly and keep rewarding your dog.
- Once your dog learns how to catch a dog frisbee the next step is to do regular practice.
Watch Video Tutorial
Here is a video tutorial for you which will help you even more. 🙂
Okay, I think now you have learned how can you teach your dog to catch a frisbee and are now willing to teach him and you should be. Because it is such a beautiful game which gives pleasure to both the owner and the dog.